petak, 26. prosinca 2014.

SNOWMAN / Snješko



I made my recipe with powder sugar. The recipe is always the same

Sugar Cookies:

390 gr (3 cups) all purpose flour
200 gr (1 cup) of white sugar powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder (baking soda)
227 gr (1 cup) butter, room temperature
2 eggs
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract

Combine all ingredients, wrap in a plastic wrap and let chill in fridge for 3 hours.
Adjust oven rack to middle and preheat oven to 180°C
Pepare baking sheets.

On a clean, lightly floured work surface, roll out the dough. Use diferent sized round cookie cutters. I used cutters with 5cm, 7cm and 9cm. Continue untill all of the dough is used up and the baking sheets are full. Bake cookies until golden, about 15 minutes. Let cookies sit at room temperature about 5 minutes. Then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.



Royal Icing with egg whites:
60 gr (2 large) egg whites
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
330 gr (3 cups) powdered sugar

I made the royal icing. Then I separated one spoon which I collored with black and one spoon with orange. I thinned the rest of royal icing with some water. 
To ice cookies, first outline and fill with white at the same time. I use a nozzle tip 3. Let them dry overnight. With a nozzle number 1 and made the nose. Then made eyes, mouth, hands and buttons.There are not so much colors and not much details, so it's easy and quick.



I prefered to left the cookies separated, like in this photo up. And then made a tower.