nedjelja, 2. veljače 2014.

VALENTINE EASY HEARTS / JEDNOSTAVNA SRCA

This is my easy valentine cookies.



I baked the cookies. After they cool, I immediately began to decorate them.
I colorated the royal icing with AmeriColor 119 - RED RED. I put all icing in a piping bag with a coupler, so later will be easier to change tips. I never write about couplers, so I copy/paste from wilton pages:

Steps

step 1

Remove ring from coupler base. Drop the coupler base, narrow end first, into the bag and push it down as far as you can.
For Featherweight Bags: Using a pen or pencil, mark the spot on the outside where the bottom screw thread (closest to tip) is outlined against the bag material.
For Disposable Bags: Mark a spot on the outside that is 1/4 inch BELOW the bottom screw thread.

step 2

Push the coupler base up into the bag so that you can cut an opening at the mark.

step 3

Push the coupler base down through the opening. One thread should be showing. Place a decorating tip over the part of the base extending from the bag.

step 4

Put the ring over the tip and twist it on, locking the tip in place.







I put first a tip 3. I outline the cookie and immediately fill with the same icing - so you can't see the border. When I finished with flooding all cookies, I started with making outline on the first one which wasn't dry, but made a type of crust, perhaps after half an hour.
I changed the tip, I put up the number 1. The icing is not so thick, the line is not so defined, but it's really easy and quick!

I try also with a "wet on wet" decoration. It's also quick and easy - hope you like it....