nedjelja, 2. veljače 2014.

FLOWER COOKIES


For this cookies I used a new recipe. The cookies a soft and crispy. I had to be carefull with icing.

Ingredients:
280 gr flour
120 gr ground almonds
130 gr sugar powder
220 gr butter
2 egg yolks
grated one lemon
a pinch of salt

Combine all ingredients, wrap in a plastic wrap and let chill in fridge for 3 hours.
Adjust oven rack to middle and šreheat oven to 180°C
Pepare baking sheets.

On a clean, lightly floured work surface, roll out the dough. Use diferent sized flower cookie cutters. Continue untill all of the dough is used up and the baking sheets are full. Bake cookies until golden, about 15 minutes. Let cookies sit at room temperature about 5 minutes. Then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely. They are really so soft and crispy.

I left the two albumens from the cookies recipe and I made a classic royal icing (I earlier wrote the recipe)

The best is if you prepare the yellow centers the day before. On a baking paper I made round dots, sprinkled with sugar. I used the white sugar, but if you prefer you could color the sugar in yellow. It's important to have dried centers.

I outlined the cookies and immediatelly flooded. I separated the yellow dried centres from the baking paper and put in the middle of the flower. This is called "cookies transfer". After the transfer push carefully. I left dry for two hours. Then I outline the petals with lines and dots.
For example, you could dry the white flooded cookies without the centre, you could put it at the end of all decoration, after all outlines, lines and dots, but take care of the spaces between the cookie and the dot.


I made another easy decoration:


I also made pink ones. On this photo you can see also the different sizes: