srijeda, 25. prosinca 2013.

SnOwflAkE / Pahulje

I made a classic biscuits with the smell of winter...

GINGER BISCUITS
750 gr of flour
250 gr of butter
250 gr of powdered sugar
4 egg
1 tsp of vanilla ore one vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
a pinch of salt
1 tsp ginger powder
half tsp cinnamon powder

Stir the butter with the sugar vigorously until the substance is foamy. Add the egg and keep mixing while adding the rest of ingredients until the dough is ready. It should be tender, so put into the fridge for one hour. I leave it overnight.

Chose your biscuits shape. I use a round cookie cutter, diameter of 5cm.

Bake them for 15-20 minutes at the temperature of 180°C in the pre-heated baking oven.

For the royal icing I used 
3 albumens
3 tsp of lemon
600 gr of sugar powder

I like the method where I first outline the cookie. I use a piping bag with a tip 2 for my outlining. When the outlining is dry I flood the cookie with the same icing with a few drops of water. Flooding will be easier. I left the cookies overnight to dry, then I drew details on the cookie. For the second outline on the cookie I use a piping bag with a tip 0. Before I drew, I check the consistency with a few strings on my worktop. I
It's quick and easy because you don't have to color,change bags.....